This guide is made for those who want to know how to hard reset apple watch with iPhone, so if you are one of those who want to know about this then read this article carefully.
No matter if you’re facing an issue or ready to sell or give away your current watch, follow along with how to hard reset Apple Watch. We will offer you many solutions for how to do this both with and without an iPhone even if you have forgotten your Apple Watch passcode.
Make sure to back up data on your device, if you want to restore your data on the same or a new watch, before doing a Hard reset with your Apple watch. If you back up your iPhone with the help of iCloud or a Mac, an Apple Watch backup automatically and backups are created itself. Be aware that iPhone backups on Mac need to be encrypted for all data to be saved for Apple Watch.
How To Hard Reset Apple Watch with iPhone:
Hard resetting the Apple watch with iPhone is the recommended technique, while undergoing this method it will create a backup, erase your watch and detach the Activation lock and the connection to your iPhone. To achieve this, do follow the upcoming steps.
- First, disable all Transit cards you have stored with your Apple Watch wallet.
- To achieve this, follow the given steps:
Open the Watch app on iPhone > Wallet & Apple Pay > Transit Cards.
- While keeping your watch and iPhone shut, then open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Now, choose the My Watch tab from the bottom, and then click on All Watches in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the circled “i” icon that is located next to the watch that you want to unpair.
- Now, click on ‘Unpair Apple Watch’, wait for a while, and then click on ‘Unpair’ again.
- Next, enter your Apple ID PIN or password. This will detach the Activation Lock if it was enabled.
- After completing the unpairing, you will see the “Start Pairing” notification.
How To Hard Reset Apple Watch without iPhone:
Here are steps that can reset your apple watch if you don’t have your iPhone in your hand or your iPhone is away.
- Visit the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Select the General option.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Reset option.
- Select option “ Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode when it is required.
- Now, Scroll down and click on Erase All or Erase All & Keep Plan, in case you have a cellular watch.
How To Hard Reset Apple Watch without passcode:
If you forgot your passcode, you still have the alternative to reset your Apple watch. Here are the steps, but be aware before following them, make sure to connect your watch to its charger and keep it there until you complete the reset process.
- Press and hold the side button and Digital Crown simultaneously. until the Power Off option has not appeared.
- You will see Erase all content and settings options.
- Next, Tap on Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
- Now, wait for a while until the process completes, then put up your Apple Watch again. When it asks for, restore from a backup.
To conclude, in this article you have learned How to Hard Reset your Apple Watch in 2022 there are three major techniques that can help you hard reset your Apple watch. One of the techniques allows users who don’t have or forgot a passcode. These methods should be held when your Apple Watch is not in sync with your iPhone. And the essential point to note is, always make sure to have backups of your Apple Watch for further usage.